Geoffrey MacDougall works to design strategies, build partnerships, and secure the resources needed to grow the scale and impact of the consumer movement. Previously, he led Consumer Report’s mobilization team, helping consumers to control and shape markets, and built CR’s first program to address privacy, security, and data issues, including the launch of The Digital Standard.
Geoffrey has also served as:
- Vice President, Engagement, for the Mozilla Foundation — makers of Firefox — where he helped lead the design and development of Mozilla’s first true fundraising program, policy and advocacy program, and learning program;
- Senior Vice President of Government Relations for Goderich Aircraft Inc., where he secured the funding to launch Canada’s first Boeing Completion Centre;
- Director of Corporate Social Responsibility for the Information Technology Association of Canada, where he founded TechSoup Canada, the largest distributor of donated software to Canadian charities and non-profits;
- CEO of Veil Entertainment, where he oversaw the launch of an online game development studio; and
- Chief of Staff of the United Nations World Summit of Young Entrepreneurs, where he spearheaded the operation of 4 events in 4 countries.
Geoffrey has raised more than $70M in public, private, and philanthropic funding for start-ups, non-profits, and established companies. He continues to advise foundations on how to invest in the technological capacity of the non-profit sector. Geoffrey is the founder of the Toronto Awesome Foundation, a frequent collaborator on investment pitch decks, and occasional lecturer on fundraising and development strategy.
Raised in Saskatchewan, he, his wife Powell, and daughters Adelaide and Audrey currently live in New York.